Health minister Philpott's defence is that the car that she was chauffered around in was not a limousine but a sedan. We also know that it was a high end Lexus ES 300. Here are a few definitions of "limousine" for the minister to ponder when she comes under fire for misleading parliament.
- a very large and comfortable car usually driven by a professional driver (called a chauffeur)
- a large luxurious automobile, especially one driven by a chauffeur who is separated from the passengers by a partition
- (North American) A car licensed to transport passengers in return for payment, typically more luxurious than a taxi and not fitted with a taximeter.
- (North American) A passenger vehicle carrying people to and from an airport
- any large, luxurious automobile, especially one driven by a chauffeur
- a large sedan or small bus, especially one for transporting passengers to and from an airport, between train stations etc.